Set Up Shop: Brand It!
Ready to get your business online?
Set Up Shop is offering this FREE specialized program to help businesses improve their online presence. Set Up Shop: Brand It! aims to assist businesses that need support adapting to online sales and promotion.
Brand It! goals:
- Increase digital literacy
- Increase presence, ownership, and confidence
- Increase sales avenues through e-commerce
Participating businesses will receive:
Participants may then choose ONE of the following two tracks:
Structure and Timeline:
- Our next cohort will take place in September 2023.
- Class is Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-8PM in person for the first two weeks of each cohort.
- After classes conclude, students will meet with their contractors to begin product work. Logo/Branding, Photography and Copy will take 8 weeks, with website and social media builds following and taking approximately 2 weeks. Additional one-on-one support will continue through project completion.
- Businesses that apply by August 16th will receive priority. Interviews will occur in August.
- Digital Marketing & Target Market Identification
- How to Take & Use Photos for Your Business
- Building a Brand: Messaging, Logos, and Other Online Content
- Understanding Websites and E-commerce
- Website Maintenance & Optimization for Your Business
- Social Media & Online Advertising for Businesses
- Creating a Comprehensive Digital Presence
- Do It Yourself: Online Ownership
The program is open to businesses located in Anchorage. Businesses operating in, or owned by individuals who reside in, our target neighborhoods of Mountain View, Fairview, Spenard, and Muldoon will be prioritized.
Applicants must be operating legally with active state business licenses and active permits.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate what an improved web presence will help them do. The business should demonstrate they need help in at least one of the following: website, ecommerce, photography, branding, social media, or education on any of these topics.
Availability - Applicants must commit to attending classes, and continuing one-on-ones with program staff and contractors.
Interested in joining?
Applications are open! Our next cohort begins in March. Applications received by February 19th will receive priority. Click the link below to fill out our quick and easy intake form, and our staff will follow up with you to discuss your goals.
Set Up Shop: Brand It! is made possible by GCI, the Municipality of Anchorage, and Wells Fargo.
Reach out to Lisa Torstenson, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org!