Anchorage Online Bootcamp applications are now accepted on a rolling basis! If you are interested in applying, please click here:
Ready to get your business online?
What is Anchorage Online Bootcamp?
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, businesses were forced to adapt by moving their sales online. Many businesses who didn't already know how to do that were left behind. To help bridge this digital divide, Set Up Shop is offering a FREE program with the following goals.
- Increase digital literacy
- Increase presence and ownership of online business promotion
- Increase sales avenues
Participating businesses will receive FREE:
Bootcamp Structure and Timeline:
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- 15 businesses will be admitted to the next cohort in August & September
- Each cohort is 8 weeks long
- Classes will occur once a week for two hours, with additional work and one-on-one support outside of class hours
- Successful graduates will be awarded a $500 stipend from GCI to boost their business online
- Knowing Your Target Market
- Understanding Branding, Logos, and Online Content
- Product Photography DIY
- Understanding Websites and E-commerce
- Online Advertising, Marketing, and Social Media for Business
- Comprehensive Digital Presence
- Do It Yourself! Maintaining and Updating Online Presence
The program is open to businesses located in Anchorage. Businesses operating in, or owned by individuals who reside in, our target neighborhoods of Mountain View, Fairview, Spenard, and Muldoon will be prioritized.
Applicants must be operating legally with active state business licenses and active permits.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate what an improved web presence will help them do. The business should demonstrate they need help in at least one of the following: website, ecommerce, photography, branding, social media, or education on any of these topics.
Availability - must commit to attend weekly classes.
The next cohort begins in August 2021!
Program staff will notify you when your application has been reviewed.