Applications for Anchorage Online Bootcamp are now closed. You will be notified by April 9, 2021 regarding the status your application. Thanks!
Ready to get your business online?
What is Anchorage Online Bootcamp?
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, businesses were forced to adapt by moving their sales online. Many businesses who didn't already know how to do that were left behind. To help bridge this digital divide, Set Up Shop is offering a FREE program with the following goals.
- Increase digital literacy
- Increase presence and ownership of online business promotion
- Increase sales avenues
Participating businesses will receive FREE:
Bootcamp Structure and Timeline:
- Applications open March 15th and close March 26th, with interviews in April
- 30 businesses will be admitted, in two cohorts of 15 each
- Cohorts are 8 weeks long. The first cohort will take place from May-June, with the second from August-September.
- Classes will occur once a week for two hours, with additional work and one-on-one support outside of class hours.
- Successful graduates will be awarded a $500 stipend to boost their business online
- Knowing Your Target Market
- Understanding Branding, Logos, and Online Content
- Product Photography DIY
- Understanding Websites and E-commerce
- Online Advertising, Marketing, and Social Media for Business
- Comprehensive Digital Presence
- Do It Yourself! Maintaining and Updating Online Presence
The program is open to businesses located in Anchorage. Businesses operating in, or owned by individuals who reside in, our target neighborhoods of Mountain View, Fairview, Spenard, and Muldoon will be prioritized.
Applicants must be operating legally with active state business licenses and active permits.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate what an improved web presence will help them do. The business should demonstrate they need help in at least one of the following: website, ecommerce, photography, branding, social media, or education on any of these topics.
Availability - must commit to attend weekly classes.
Applications are now closed.
Program staff will update you on your application status by April 2, 2021.