Anchorage Online Bootcamp applications are now accepted on a rolling basis! If you are interested in applying, please click here:
Ready to get your business online?
What is Anchorage Online Bootcamp?
Set Up Shop is offering this FREE program to help businesses improve their online presence. Anchorage Online Bootcamp aims to assist businesses that have struggled to adapt to online sales and promotion.
- Increase digital literacy
- Increase presence and ownership confidence
- Increase sales avenues through e-commerce
Participating businesses will receive FREE:
And may then choose between two tracks...
Bootcamp Structure and Timeline:
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with interviews during the month before class start date.
- The next class begins August 3. Class is Tuesday-Thursday evenings from 6-8PM on Zoom. Class ends mid-August.
- After training, students will meet with contractors to begin product work. Logo/Branding, Photography and Copy will take 8 weeks. Website or social media builds will last 2 weeks. Additional one-on-one support will continue through project completion.
- Successful graduates will be awarded a $500 stipend from GCI to boost their business online.
- Digital Marketing & Target Market Identification
- How to Take & Use Photos for Your Business
- Building a Brand: Messaging, Logos, and Other Online Content
- Understanding Websites and E-commerce
- Website Maintenance & Optimization for Your Business
- Social Media & Online Advertising for Businesses
- Creating a Comprehensive Digital Presence
- Do It Yourself: Online Ownership
The program is open to businesses located in Anchorage. Businesses operating in, or owned by individuals who reside in, our target neighborhoods of Mountain View, Fairview, Spenard, and Muldoon will be prioritized.
Applicants must be operating legally with active state business licenses and active permits.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate what an improved web presence will help them do. The business should demonstrate they need help in at least one of the following: website, ecommerce, photography, branding, social media, or education on any of these topics.
Availability - must commit to attend biweekly classes.
The next cohort begins in August 2021!
Program staff will notify you when your application has been reviewed.